Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Track Plan



The idea of the layout came about because my good mate Marcus has a layout based on the Main North and when you are running trains you have to bank your train up a 1;40 grade from Murrurundi to Ardglen. I spent many enjoyable hours being the banker, so it was decided to have a grade on the home layout. I had most of the locos and rolling stock for the time period of the mid sixties so Tumulla bank out in the Central West was chosen for a home layout. The layout was planned for a 7M x 3.5M garage, so when I eventually stopped building and exhibiting layouts that part of the garage was for the Home Layout

Another good friend Garry has a layout based on the Newcastle to Fassifern line http://newcastle-modelrail.com/ and I was hooked in running and terminating trains on his Newcastle station. So the dilemma was how to build a layout from Newcastle to Blayney so I then can incorporate Tumulla Bank, ambitious you say so did I, and then my wife and I decided that Sydney was getting too crowded so we moved to the upper Hunter Valley. The bonus was 6M X6M garage waiting for a layout to be built

So as part of the move I had to sell all my exhibition layouts as there was no room for them as I wasn’t going to exhibit anymore. I was building my Home Layout. Mullet Creek went to the Auscision shop as a display layout and some good friends bought the others. All except Whereist as that was my favourite because I liked shunting and making up trains

How to incorporate Whereisit into Tumulla Bank and Newcastle Station all in a 6M x 6M garage, impossible unless you build something based on all these features

Stations ; Wherecastle; [based on Newcastle]

                  Whereisit; this part already done

                  Wherenow; branch line station from Whereist also the home of the BS fertilizer factory

                  Wherearewe; on the line to nowhere loop and then comes back [2 level]

Then  the train going the other way goes to Somewhere loop and then comes back

From Whereist the train has to encounter Wheremulla Bank  1;63 the banker will be stationed at Whereisit for trains over 400 tons for the push up Wheremulla Bank

The layout will be an operational with some scenery


No comments:

Post a Comment

installing the landform

Been a long time between posts, but will slowly bring it up to date,, basic shape of the land form now in place, now to cut and shape the...

How it Started